The Sunday Currently Vol. 3

Sunday, August 30, 2015 44 Comments A+ a-

How is this photo relevant to my post? It's not.

I tried my best to steer clear from writing anything that has something to do with politics but there's already too much drama happening and I couldn't help it.

CURRENTLY...

Reading
Facebook posts, comments, and anything related to Duterte, the pressing issues regarding the anomalies in the Bureau of Customs, the INC rally that caused inconvenience to many, and Aldub - yeah, I didn't believe such atrocity exists. Hehe. Just Kidding. No hate here #Aldub fans, just love. :)

Writing
this blog post and my opinion about Duterte running for Presidency. Okay, don't get me wrong. I believe he'd be a great leader given that he wins. But for him to carry the burden of this country, I think, would be too much to ask for a 70-year old who is supposed to be retiring and having the time of his life with his grandkids.

He has led Davao to where it is now - from a no man's land to a promised land. And it took him 20 painstaking years to do that. I don't think he'd be able to turn the Philippines around within a short span of 6 years. Yes, you may think that what he has done to Davao can be done to the whole country too. But you see, Davao is not easy to manage (if some of you think it was); more so, Manila, let alone the entire Philippines. The country is already in a very deep sh*t. Although I'm not saying it can't be done. But with the kind of people who are used to a substandard discipline, or the lack thereof, then I don't think it is doable. I believe in Duterte, however, I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to be honest... I don't believe in the Philippines and the people living in it.

Listening
to the voice of my skeptic mind. I know change is needed for this country to move forward. And I know that Duterte is the man who could be the catalyst for that change. He is the spark. But that spark would never turn into a flame unless the people will fuel the change within themselves. If you haven't figured that one out yet, let me spell it out for you: S-E-L-F-D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E. That is what we need and what we apparently lack. And sadly, what we refuse to have. Is the Philippines really ready to handle Duterte? Is the Philippines ready to succumb to Duterte's "ridiculous" laws and his "unconventional" way of ruling? Baka magulat lang kayo at di magtatagal ipapa-impeach nyo din sya. We don't want another EDSA revolution, do we?

Watching
news for the first time after so many months of denying myself the time to watch tv. Never thought I would still get this pissed. I realized I don't have the stomach to tolerate all these political sh*t. So I'll just blog everything once and for all and stay away from the tv again.

Thinking
about what would I have done if I was one of those who got caught in EDSA traffic jam caused by INC protesters. I know I was oblivious to the chaos that happened last Friday night because I was enjoying my mashed potatoes at KFC and having a great time with Jan. But I've seen the pictures all over Facebook, read the news and all those bickering from three parties: the INC members defending their action; the people who were stuck for hours in traffic - who are, by the way, the real victims here; and those like me who got affected just because.

Well, as a citizen of this country, I have something to say. What the INC did was downright inconsiderate. Ang nakakainis pa, nakaperwisyo na nga pero wala din naman pala silang napala. I know you have the freedom to rally all you want. But that freedom should come as being able to stretch both your hands and move without hitting anybody. Which apparently is not what exactly happened. Yes, you have the right to exercise your right as long as it does not impede the rights of others or cause inconvenience to anyone, right? Right.

Hoping
for the best. So far everything I've written in this current The Sunday Currently feature is about politics and the current events. There is nothing more I'd hope for but the best for this country, so does everyone. I understand why people would want Duterte to run and be the next president. People see him as a hero and a quick fix for this sick country. But quick fixes don't last that long and heroes are better off dead.

Loving
myself at the moment. I have never spoken about politics for a long time. Although I know some people may frown upon what I've written. But hey, it feels good to exhale some thoughts even though my opinion isn't at the side of the majority. And I hope I'm not offending anyone. So please don't hate me.

Wanting
Duterte to just stay in Davao. I know, I know. My reasons are just selfish. Plain selfish. But as I always say, he can't do this alone no matter how over qualified he is to become the next President of the Philippines. I've already lost my faith in the government and the people. BUT (yes, that's a big but) if he runs, my precious vote goes only for him and we'll see how things will unfold. I just hope that if he runs, it is because he wants to, not because he got pressured by what the people want him to. Those are two different things and can have different effects.

Needing
to breathe. Politics has gotten into me again. And I want to ward off those negative vibes.

Feeling
a little pissed over local tv networks being still as biased as they were. Aside from the cliched, no-good teleseryes, this is actually one of the reasons why I stopped watching tv.

Wishing
for world peace. Because I have nothing else better to say. Haha. But really, who doesn't want world peace?

Clicking
or more like scrolling my Facebook newsfeed. And I'm glad, I came across this:
At least, in the light of what's happening, the politics can still deliver comic relief. :)

How was your weekend everyone?

Join The Sunday Currently blog link up by Siddathornton.
Newer Post Older Post

44 comments

Write comments
Renz Pizzaro
August 30, 2015 at 11:28 PM delete

we are prepared for him. but i'm afraid the whole nation is not. maluoy kong digong intawon. pareho tag ginaisip. sa davao na lang unta sya.

August 31, 2015 at 1:00 AM delete

thank you for summing my thoughts up. naghilom2 ra ko ani kay daghan jd kayo supporters si digong, basin ingon pa lang na di ta suporta nya. tama jd ka, manila pa lang gubot na. lisud na limpyuhon ang pinas. pinoy pay imo di pud palimpyo. ug pareho pd ta, kung mudagan man sya kay sya ra pd akong iboto.

August 31, 2015 at 7:13 AM delete

i really like the way you write. but disagree ako sayo nito. i go Duterte all the way! and #AldubForever! :D

August 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM delete

That is what I'm afraid of. I don't think the nation is ready for him.

August 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM delete

Yay! At least I'm not the only one. Haha. Naa koy karamay sa akong sentiments. Haha. :D

August 31, 2015 at 8:59 AM delete

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this. But to each his own. hehe :)

Anonymous
August 31, 2015 at 10:28 AM delete

mucomment na jud ko. murag mga taga davao lang man ata sar ang muagree pud sa imo. kay ako agree pud ko sa imo. ana nato ka love atong mayor, di nato gusto ishare sa uban. hehehe!

August 31, 2015 at 11:15 AM delete

Siguro kung medyo bata2 pa sya, Isa ko sa mag push na magdagan sya. He needs more than 6 years para maayos ang Pinas.

Jhanz A.
August 31, 2015 at 5:34 PM delete

I would have to agree. Duterte spent 20 years creating the changes for Davao, I honestly think it would take more time to create such drastic improvements for the whole country. He might make a difference but it would take more than 6 years for us to achieve what we expect from him. Although, sure, he's one of my presidential bets for next year. Hehe! :)

www.jhanzey.net

Anonymous
August 31, 2015 at 6:17 PM delete

kriminal lang ang takot kay duterte. takot ka ba sa kanya? bakit ayaw mo syang tumakbo. then that makes you...??? #DU30

August 31, 2015 at 7:27 PM delete

Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

August 31, 2015 at 9:11 PM delete

Well, if he runs, I would definitely vote for him. :)

August 31, 2015 at 9:21 PM delete

That makes a me brilliant person who can dare speak her mind and not hide in anonymity. Where exactly did I say that I am scared OF Duterte? Yes, I am scared. I am scared for him. I am scared that the same people who will put him in that position will be the same people who will oust him when things won't work the way they thought it would. I've said this for the nth time already, I don't think people are ready for him. He's a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway, thanks for your comment. This really made my day. :D

September 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM delete

@Anon too quick to judge. sa nakikita ko pa lang. mga taong kagaya mo, talagang hindi pa nga handa ang tao para kay duterte. basahin mo po muna yung nakasulat bago magcomment.

September 1, 2015 at 6:53 AM delete

Chill lang bro. Spread love, not hate. :)

Esme Sy
September 1, 2015 at 8:22 AM delete

Seems like there's a lot on your mind this Sunday! Hehe. It's always great to let you thoughts take up your mind.

Michi
September 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM delete

Any president cannot fix the country in 6 years but I do hope the next president will have a big heart for the country. He/She will walk the talk.

Vera
September 1, 2015 at 2:39 PM delete

I had a great weekend. I put on blinders on the whole EDSA situation because I did not want to post anything on Facebook that would offend some people. I don't think I know enough of the backstory to have an informed opinion. But I hear we had lates and absenteeism at work because of the traffic. Oh well.

What would make you believe in the Philippines and its people again?

SummerDrizzle
September 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM delete

There is still hope for the Philippines if Duterte runs and wins. But what happens after that? Kung walang matinong susunod sa kanya na kagaya nya, babalik lang din ang Pilipinas sa pagkalugmok. You are right, six years is too short for him to fix our country. It will not be easy and it will take a lot of time. Pero kung nasimulan nya, who knows, baka magtuloy-tuloy na. There is no other person qualified to for the position. Unless tatakbo si Marcos o si Santiago. I support Duterte all the way!

Leomar T.
September 1, 2015 at 4:35 PM delete

No offense to INC members but what they did, as how I see it, is inhumane. I've also read an article about a popular news anchor who temporarily restrain his duty from both the national TV and radio station as to avoid "conflict of interest" when in fact kung ibang relihiyon yun grabe kung maka tira (sorry to mention this). However, Mr. Duterte have my full support and I'm also hoping he'll not run for presidency, but on his recent viral video he seems to be giving the crowd a hint for hiis decision, but still not clear, which I really hope not. But if ever he'll run for presidency, I'd still vote for him.

Gil Camporazo
September 1, 2015 at 8:25 PM delete

Sunday's prolific thoughts! I would tackle on attaining world peace. Peace is very elusive. No one could attain peace if he himself is not in tune within himself. Attainment of peace is subjective. It starts within you, within your very home, among your family members. If it is impossible on that premise, peace indeed is elusive, unattainable so to speak.

September 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM delete

For me, that would be Duterte. I hope that the people will be prepared for him just in case he runs and wins. If not, wag na lang nila piliting tumakbo si Duterte.

September 2, 2015 at 10:07 AM delete

Sayang ang sisimulan nya kung walang susunod sa yapak nya. Well, if Duterte does not run, my best hope would be Santiago and Marcos too. :)

September 2, 2015 at 10:08 AM delete

Yeah, politics will always keep my mind preoccupied that's why I try to stay out of it.

September 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM delete

Duterte is a man of his word. If he says no, he means no. Kaso mapilit lang talaga ang mga tao. They are actually beginning to soften his firm decision. But like I said, if he runs, I hope he runs because it is his own will or it is God's will, not of others.

September 2, 2015 at 10:41 AM delete

What happened in EDSA made me lose my faith in Pinoys more. We really should start discipling ourselves and be considerate to others. INC also rallied in Davao, and it's no surprise it went well. Sana ganyan sa buong Pilipinas.

Leomar T.
September 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM delete

Right! He must run on his own will, not because people want him. I mean, if in case he's the president of this country and people are not satisfied of his performance (of course there are haters out there) I don't want him to blame himself because he can't blame the people who forced him to be on that position, it is his decision after all.

Anne V
September 5, 2015 at 12:35 PM delete

You sure have a lot on your mind this Sunday. I'm not really big in politics, I hope Duterte wins, but from what I've seen of how great Davao is right now I'm kind of torn whether he should be president or just stay there and keep up the good work.

Dominique Goh
September 5, 2015 at 7:08 PM delete

There is a lot of political talk here as we go to the polls next week to select the new government. Hope that the one you support does come to power.

MELISSA U
September 7, 2015 at 12:30 AM delete

Politics on a Sunday? Hehe. Have some rest! :) Although thanks for sharing your opinion on Duterte. I feel you and I really hope we could turn this country around cause you're right, we are really in deep trouble.

Chin chin
September 7, 2015 at 11:04 AM delete

I don't like politics, but my husband likes talking about it. He believes that Duterte is a good candidate for President.

Mommy Maye
September 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM delete

I'm getting tired of politics in the Philippines. I am praying for a true good leader in the future. Someone who's no interest other than serving the country.

Sarah Tan
September 7, 2015 at 9:29 PM delete

It's interesting that we are having elections in Singapore at this moment too. I really hope the people of Philippines can vote wisely.

theresa
September 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM delete

So I just got the news earlier that Duterte is NOT running anymore. I just hope he would. We need CHANGE now. Something that would help lessen the crime and help the country's standing.

Marie Bulatao
September 8, 2015 at 1:59 PM delete

I haven't decided who I would vote for as president yet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts of Duterte

September 8, 2015 at 8:01 PM delete

I know friends who would want to support for Duterte and were quite sad about his announcement that he is not running. I have refrained from talking about politics because I know nothing about it.

Mark Villar
September 8, 2015 at 9:44 PM delete

Great sentiments about politics ! But I have to say I'd rather vote for Mayor Duterte than Binay and Roxas.

September 9, 2015 at 9:43 AM delete

he may be great at Davao but I doubt he can do the same for the whole nation :)

September 9, 2015 at 11:51 AM delete

I envy how you have written this post so well. thumbs up!
If Duterte is to run for President my vote goes to him definitely. I want to give him a chance to prove what he can do to the country. In the span of 6 years he might not accomplish everything but at least meron na man 20-25% that's something. Especially the law abiding citizens and tax payers of the country like us.

Anna Plaida
September 10, 2015 at 7:56 AM delete

Good thing you were able to sum up your Sunday :-)

September 10, 2015 at 11:06 AM delete

weekends/Sundays are always a busy day for us, I don't even have time to post anything on a weekend! lol!

September 11, 2015 at 7:57 PM delete

Very informative thoughts sum up Sis, I usually listen Pandora while blogging. I want that loud pop music on the background, I think your right Davao need Duterte and cute ng picture ha:)
www.sweetcuisinera.com

September 20, 2015 at 8:29 PM delete

How to make my own Sunday currently vol.?

October 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM delete

My father has the same sentiments as you. But before hearing all of it from him, I would like Duterte to run. But things change. Even people change. He maybe a good man, but maybe not for the many.

But if he will really run as a president, he will be my ace. ;)